By default, the ETM® Database is populated with defaults applicable to the United States. If you are installing an ETM Platform in the UK or South Africa, follow the procedure in this technical bulletin after installing the ETM software and database but before creatingthe data instance for the ETM Server. This causes the ETM Database to be populated with default values specific to your locale.
ETM® Platform v3.0x
ETM Database Maintenance Tool is run, the following files and the folder in which they reside are created:
The ETM Database Maintenance Tool reads the default data from the DEFAULT.spec file, which is identical to the DEFAULT_US.spec file by default. If you accepted the defaults at installation, the path to these files is:
- Solaris /opt/SecureLogix/ETM/ps/maint/sql
- WindowsC:\Program Files\SecureLogix\ETM\ps\maint\sql
To create defaults for the UK or South Africa
- Open the ETM Database Maintenance Tool to cause it to create the above files in the ps/maint/sql directory. When the GUI appears, close it.
- Delete the DEFAULT.spec file, then rename the appropriate locale-specific file to DEFAULT.spec.
- Restart the ETM Database Maintenance Tool and proceed with ETM data instance creation. See the ETM® Platform Installation Guide or the online Help for instructions for creating a data instance.
Last Update: 09/07/01
13750 San Pedro, Suite 230 San Antonio, Texas 78232 (210) 402-9669 www.securelogix.com
Support (877) SLC-4HELP Email email@example.com http://support.securelogix.com
ETM, SecureLogix, SecureLogix Corporation, TeleWatch Secure, TWSA, the ETM Emblem, the SecureLogix Diamond Emblem, and the ETM Application Suite Emblems are trademarks or registered trademarks of SecureLogix Corporation in the U.S.A. and other countries. All other trademarks mentioned herein are believed to be trademarks of their respective owners.
© Copyright 2001 SecureLogix Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
U.S. Patents No. US 6,226,372 B1 and US 6,249,575 B1. U.S. and Foreign Patents Pending.